Here are a few simple steps to keep in ming when preparing for a disaster, emergency like earthquke, floods, EMP attack, massive epidemia. Folowing this simple steps you can make sure that you and your familly have some basic needs meet, and you have taken the first steps into being a survivalist.
You should keep FOOD that:
- Have a long storage life
- Don’t require any type o cooking, refrigeration, since you might be off the grid.
- In case you have a familly member with special needs – diabetics, heart issues etc – make sure you keep someting for their diets too. Also some special medicine they need
- Avoid things that are too condimented, salted, spicy since they will require extra water
- Canned foods and dry mixes can be eaten for about 2 years so you should focus on those
- The perfect place is some type of absement – it should be cool, dry and dark place. The best temperature is 40 to 60°F.
- If you have food in bags, make sure you pack them well so they don’t attract rodents and insects
In regards to cooking – if you have a charcoal grill, or you can simply burn wood and use the charcoal to cook food.
DO NOT BURN CHARCOAL INDOOR – the black smoke can be very dangerous
When making your plans you should consider food for at least 3 days
- You should store at least 1 gallon of water per day for each person and pet.
- The same at least 3 day rule applies here also but lease consider that water more important then food so it’s best to store at least 2 weeks’s supply if possible
- Check expiration dates for water. As a general rule you should replace water supply each 6 months
- The sealed bottled water from the store is the best bet here.
Note: Avoid coffee and alcohool, you will be deshydrated and make you consume more water
An important thing here is to try to make sure you know the expiery dates of the products so that you know when you should check your stack, and replenish inventory.
Here you have to be a bit organized and keep some type of a jurnal with something like this:
Item Quantity Expiry date
Beans 30 20/4/2018
You should have it printed out, NO EXCEL or computer stuff in case power goes down.
Before the deadline you can bring them into the house and consume them and go out and buy some new ones.
Stay safe, Stay Prepared